Thursday, June 21, 2012
Well I did it, I began working the bow stave and I think I went way to soon too fast. Its a long bow its Hackberry but I noticed theres alot of tear out from the sides of the limbs. Which is making it narrower than I wanted I should have probably waited til next year or even October, but I wanted to work on a bow and I have two more staves drying. So its not a total loss. I will be working on getting pictures of it and the other staves and post em here. Plus a picture of a knife Im forging.
Friday, June 15, 2012
I decided to try my hand at making a bow. This is going to be from Hackberry which is quite dense but I have alot of it. It started out as a large log like around 15 inches. Large I know but I can make more this way should I mess it up. After cutting I sealed the ends with paint, acrylic, and then after a week I began to split it. Wasnt fun without proper tools but I got it done, I cant use part of it but I got it. Now its drying out and I wait patiently. Also I want to try and make my own arrows but Im having trouble finding the infomation to learn. I will post pictures as soon as I can and along the shaping and tillering as I work.